Revolve Robotics press release – January 21, 2014
Revolve Robotics announced Friday that a new version of their KUBI App–which allows users to connect to KUBI while video conferencing using an Android device–is now available in the Google Play store. An iOS version of the app which connects KUBI to iPads has been available in the App store since early 2013, and now Android users will also be able to use KUBI for videoconferencing with their tablets.
KUBI is a sleek, motion controlled robot that turns your tablet into a portable, affordable and interactive solution for video conferencing. With a tablet mounted in KUBI, a remote user can log into a control web page over the internet and pan & tilt the display to look where they want during the video conference. The free KUBI app connects KUBI to your tablet and communicates motion controls to KUBI via Bluetooth 4.0, so it will work with any Bluetooth 4.0 enabled Android device.
Watch Revolve CEO Marcus Rosenthal demonstrate the updated features of the new KUBI app for Android.
• Automatic Bluetooth 4.0 connection when powered on KUBI is within 1 foot from tablet/phone running the KUBI app.
• Full 300 degree pan and 90 degree tilt range of video feed control.
• Compatible with all video calling/video chat applications.
• Allows KUBI to receive controls from the cloud from 2 controller interfaces: grid mode and conference mode, accessible from any web browser on any device at www.kubi.me.
• Grid Mode is a simple control interface that allows simultaneous pand and tilt controls with 1) simple, intuitive tap-to-center functionality and 2) saved positions for one-click navigation control. A tutorial on Grid Mode can be found here: https://vimeo.com/79523920.
• Conference Mode is a controller interface designed to make it easy to interact using KUBI in a conference room or meeting space. Create a virtual layout with a map of the room that shows each person’s location. The participants can be named, moved, added/deleted. The conference room layout can be saved and shared with remote participants. A tutorial on conference mode can be found here: https://vimeo.com/79524393.
• Easy to share unique URL for your KUBI.
• App runs in the background, won’t interfere with other applications or devices.
Revolve Robotics continues to work on improvements to the KUBI product and software interface. To learn more about KUBI and stay up to date on the latest developments, visit the Revolve website, www.revolverobotics.com.
About Revolve Robotics
Revolve Robotics was founded in March 2012 by Marcus Rosenthal and Ilya Polyakov, robotics industry veterans with combined over 25 years in the robotics industry. The mission of Revolve Robotics is to create robots that can help facilitate people’s ability to create and collaborate on things that matter. Revolve Robotics is about smart, simple solutions to real problems, timeless design, and an elevated level of practicality and functionality. Revolve Robotics joined Lemnos Labs hardware incubator in September 2012 and currently works out of their workspace in San Francisco.Tweet